Our address: Amersfoortsestraat 61, 3769 AE Soesterberg, The Netherlands, from now on referred to as “Talking-Helps Foundation”, or “we”.
Personal data processed by us
Depending on the type of services you use, or Products you purchase, the personal data we collect and process about you include:
- Your contact details, such as name, email address, home address and (mobile) phone number.
- Your account details and (electronic) identification data, such as your account on the website, your bank account number, electronic identification data such as your IP or MAC address, as well as the data you have added to your account yourself (such as your user name, password, date of birth, interests).
- Information related to the use of our online services or applications, such as the web pages you visit, products and services you are interested in, the contents of your shopping basket.
- Information related to the products and services that you purchase or use from us, such as your profession/work, pictures, personal features and the knowledge that you have used for a specific product or service.
- The content of your communications with us, for example, when you contact us by email, phone or otherwise.
The purposes and legal basis for processing your data
The Talking-Helps Foundation collects and uses your data for the purposes set out below, based on the law. Insofar as the Talking-Helps Foundation already holds your data, these personal data will be used for the same purposes and on the same legal basis.
- As required for the execution of an agreement, your data are collected and processed to handle your purchase of products and your request to provide services. Besides, we process your data to handle any requests, complaints or questions from you.
- As required to represent the legitimate interests of the Talking-Helps Foundation, we may use the aforementioned personal data to improve our products and services and to understand better and approach our visitors and relations, both on an aggregate and an individual level. We will analyse your use of our products and services and that we will use this information to improve our products and services to provide you with improved user experience.
- Based on consent and to a necessary extent, we will ask for your consent to keep you informed about news or offers related to our products and services. You can withdraw your consent at any time. How you can do this is described below.
- Required to comply with a legal obligation, we may use your data to comply with applicable laws, to comply with requests from public bodies and authorities, or to cooperate with law enforcement.
Who receives your data?
Only authorised employees of the Talking-Helps Foundation have access to your data to the extent necessary for the performance of their work at the Talking-Helps Foundation.
We will not disclose the personal data you have provided to us to third parties without your express prior consent unless we are required to do so for the purposes set out under section 3. For example, we may pass on your data to suppliers/service providers for the execution of agreements we have concluded with you, such as payment processing. Also, we may disclose your data to public authorities to comply with applicable legal obligations.
Transfer of your data
Unless otherwise stated, we process and store your data within the European Union. It may be that our service providers transfer your data to a country outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) that does not offer the same level of protection under European law as the country where you normally use your products and services. In that case, we will take the necessary steps to ensure that your data are adequately protected, such as drafting standard EU contracts with parties outside the EEA.
We take appropriate and reasonable security measures to protect your data against unauthorised access, modifications, disclosure, loss or improper use, and to protect the accuracy and integrity of your data. To ensure a risk-adapted level of security, we implement technical and organisational measures, including security about access to our systems.
How long do we keep your data?
What rights do you have concerning your data, and how can you exercise these rights?
Under the applicable laws and regulations, you have several rights concerning your data, including:
- Right of access. At your request, we will provide you, free of charge, with information regarding the personal data we process about you.
- Right to rectification. At your request, we will correct, supplement, block or delete your data if these are factually incorrect, incomplete or irrelevant for the objective or objectives of the processing, or when we process in any other way that infringes a legal provision.
- Withdrawal of consent. You can withdraw your consent at any time for future processing by us of your data.
- Right to object. You have the right to object to the processing of your data for marketing purposes.
- If applicable, you have the right to request a restriction on the processing of your data by the Talking-Helps Foundation, meaning that your data may (temporarily) not be processed and changed.
- If applicable, we will delete your data without unreasonable delay.
- If applicable, you have the right to object to the processing of your data based on, among other things, the basis of the “legitimate interest” of the Talking-Helps Foundation.
- Right to transfer data. If applicable, we will provide you with an overview of the personal data you have provided to us, so that we will transfer these data to another data controller, to the extent that this (data portability) is technically possible.
- Right to file a complaint. Finally, you have the right to file a complaint with the supervisory authority if you believe that we process your data in violation of this privacy statement.
If you wish to exercise one of your rights, you can do so by using the contact information set out below.
3769 AE Soesterberg